10 Affiliate Marketing Tools of 2022 To Drive More Sales and Organic Traffic
You need powerful marketing tools to increase your online revenue and drive more sales to succeed in affiliate marketing. Here you can learn about the most effective affiliate marketing tools to boost your business success and help you reach your goals.
Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make money online from your home. It is a rapidly growing global market that is expected to reach $12 billion by 2022. Whether you are a blogger, influencer, social media celebrity, or hobbyist, you can make money by promoting other people's products. And to do that effectively, you need affiliate marketing tools.
An average small business uses 102 different tools and apps to do business in today's era. Tools help you automate routine tasks and increase efficiency and productivity. Things get easier when you use the right tools.
What types of tools can you use to take your business to the next level? This guide to affiliate marketing covers everything you need to know.
Affiliate Marketing Tools of 2022
Long Tail Pro
The first thing you need to grow the organic traffic of your affiliate blog is long-tail keywords, which is where Long Tail Profits from your affiliate marketing stack. Long-tail keywords generate an estimated 70% of search traffic.
A long-tail keyword has more than three words, has low search volume, and has intense competition. This makes them easy to rank and is best for driving relevant traffic without spending too much on SEO and backlinks.
Ahrefs estimates that a whopping 94.74% of keywords have less than ten monthly searches, which is the key to success for small affiliate blogs and websites.
Targeting long-tail keywords makes your life easier as an affiliate marketer because you can rank on the first page for most of these keywords right away without any backlinks. If you want to find such keywords that are easier to rank, you need to use Long Tail Pro.
It isn't the only affiliate marketing tool to help you find long-tail keywords, but it is one of the best keyword research tools. You can find keywords, track ranking, and do an in-depth site audit with this tool.
The key Long Tail Pro features include:
- Powerful long-tail keyword research
- Tracks several metrics such as search volume, keyword difficulty, CPC, and more
- Rank tracking
- Site audit.
The starting price of Long Tail Pro is $37 per month, making it an affordable keyword research tool for affiliates.
Targeting long-tail keywords is a good idea, but you'll still need to do SEO to outrank your competitors in SERPs. Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO platform that offers you several free and paid fantastic SEO tools.
The tool lets you search keywords, audit your website for SEO and content errors, explore content, spy on competitors, analyze backlinks, etc. It is a complete SEO suite that helps you create content that is most likely to rank high in SERPs, and then it lets you find backlink opportunities.
Ahrefs has an academy and help center where you can find helpful material to make the most from your Ahrefs account. Yes, it has a learning curve. You'll need to use their resources to use all the tools fully.
The main Ahrefs features include:
- A complete end-to-end, all-in-one SEO platform that comes with multiple tools
- Both free and paid SEO tools
- Content Explorer is a unique tool that affiliates can use to create epic content
- SERP analysis and rank tracker
- Backlink analysis of personal sites and competitor sites
- Detailed site audit.
With a starting price of $99 per month, Ahrefs is a bit pricey compared to most of the other affiliate marketing software.
Grammarly is a must-have tool for affiliate marketers. Whether you are writing a blog post, social media post, email, or ad copy, it will assist you in writing correctly by fixing mistakes. It fixes several writing errors that you might ignore otherwise, such as format and sentence structure.
It is feature-rich writing assistance focused on improving the clarity of whatever you write. The plagiarism tool is fantastic as it lets you check the uniqueness of content. This is something that affiliate marketers need to check almost every day to ensure the content they're publishing is original.
Grammarly is your perfect writing assistant, and here is why:
- A free tool to improve your writing
- It integrates seamlessly and works with word processors, email, and social media apps
- Rates your content on clarity, engagement, quality, delivery, etc.
- Works in real-time as you type
- Plagiarism checker tool to help you write original content
- Cross-device support.
The basic version is free that only lets you check spelling, grammar, and punctuation. However, paid plans start from $12 per month to unlock more features such as plagiarism detection, word choice, fluency, tone adjustment, etc.
Generating organic traffic gets easier with Surfer SEO. It is an AI-driven content optimization tool that helps you rank your content on Google's first page.
It scans top-ranking pages for the desired keyword and uses artificial intelligence to help you optimize better content than existing content. It will help you create content structure, subheadings, keywords, images, word count, etc.
You need to follow simple instructions to create content that is most likely to rank on Google's first page. You can write content in Surfer SEO's editor, where you'll receive optimization suggestions in real-time.
The epic features of Surfer SEO are:
- Easy-to-use content editor
- Comes with a content planner, content editor, and content audit
- You can optimize existing content with the content audit tool
- It covers everything ranging from content structure to headings to brief to word count and more
- AI outline generator helps you generate an optimized outline based on a single keyword.
The basic plan costs $59 per month with a monthly payment and $49 per month if billed annually. The basic plan comes with ten content editors per month, which means you'll be able to create only ten new articles per month.
Pretty Links for Cloaking Affiliate Links
You can't go without cloaking your affiliate links. A link cloaking tool is a must-have for any affiliate marketer. Pretty Links is an advanced affiliate link shortener plugin for WordPress. You can use it on your WordPress website to cloak and track affiliate links.
It is much more than a link cloaking tool. It makes your affiliate links brandable, and this looks professional when you share affiliate links on social media. You can customize links as per your needs, and they generate from your domain name.
Pretty Links comes with the following features:
- An easy-to-use link shortener WP plugin for affiliates
- Supports redirects of several types
- The auto-link keywords feature lets you create links based on keywords automatically
- QR code generator.
The basic version is free, but it gives you limited access to the plugin. Premium plans start from $79 per year (with a $50 discount for the first year), giving you full access to advanced features and redirect options.
Canva for Designing
Visual content performs 323% better than text. As an affiliate marketer, you have to create many visual contents, especially if you use social media platforms as your primary marketing channel. Canva is a leading free tool that you must use to create visual content of all types and formats.
Canva has a super-easy drag-and-drop design tool that lets you create visual content, including images, GIFs, videos, PPTs, infographics, etc. This is a must-have tool for affiliate marketers because it offers value at zero cost.
Suppose you rely on social media to generate affiliate sales. In that case, you can link your Canva account to your social media account and create and schedule social media posts with its built-in editorial calendar. Use templates to create the right-sized posts for any social networking platform.
Here is a list of the critical benefits that Canva offers you:
- Drag-and-drop design tool
- It supports all formats and types of visual content
- More than 610K templates to choose from
- Millions of graphics, icons, stock photos, audios, videos, designs, etc.
- It integrates with leading social media platforms and supports auto-posting and scheduling
- Supports almost all image and video formats.
Canva offers a free plan that's more than enough for any affiliate marketer. It comes with 250K+ free templates and thousands of free stock photos and graphics. The premium plan unlocks more features, templates, and graphics. The starting price is $12.99 per month.
Google Analytics for Website Analytics
If you have an affiliate blog or website, Google Analytics is the software that you shouldn't ignore. It helps you track organic traffic and better understand your audience. Better yet, connect Google Analytics with Google Search Console to see search queries, CTR, impressions, and average position in Google.
Google Analytics helps you understand visitor behavior on your website and traffic details. This eventually enables you to drive more organic traffic by determining what works and what doesn't. You can identify pages that generate traffic and pages that leak traffic. Similarly, bounce rate and average session duration show how visitors engage with different types of content.
The primary Google Analytics features are:
- Simple and easy-to-use analytics tool for your affiliate website
- Tracks and analyzes traffic in real-time
- It measures several crucial metrics such as unique visitors, session duration, bounce rate, demographics, and more
- Detailed behavioral analysis
- In-depth details on traffic sources, acquisition, and audience
- It also supports conversion tracking and funnel setup.
Google Analytics is free to use. It just has a single free plan for everyone. There isn't any premium plan.
Hotjar for Behavioral Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for affiliate marketing, but it doesn't track everything. If you are interested in behavioral analytics, Hotjar is the software you need.
It tracks visitor behavior on your affiliate website that other analytics tools don't. It uses heat maps that lets you visualize user behavior on your website.
You can see cursor movement, clicks, scroll depth, and complete recording of user sessions.
Data from Hotjar provides you with more insights on how visitors interact with your website and various elements on your website, such as CTA, headlines, images, etc. You can see what elements they spend the most and least time on.
This helps in optimization and generating more conversions and sales.
Hotjar keys features include:
- You can visualize the visitor's journey
- Heatmaps show you click data, cursor movement, and scroll depth
- Screen recording shows you the exact screen website visitors see and how they interact with your website
- Collect feedback from visitors
- Supports surveys for data collection from website visitors.
Hotjar comes with a free plan with basic features. Premium plans start from $39 per month, which gives you full access to all the features. You can save 20% by switching to the yearly payment plan.
OptinMonster for Conversion Optimization
Generating more affiliate sales gets easier with OptinMonster. It is a lead generation software that is an ideal affiliate marketing tool.
It offers several templates for converting more visitors into customers, such as popups, floating bars, scroll boxes, etc. You don't just generate more sales with this powerful affiliate marketing software, but you'll grow your email list too.
It is a powerful conversion optimization and lead generation platform that's a must-have for your affiliate website.
Here is a list of the critical features that OptinMonster offers you:
- Hundreds of lead capture forms
- Page-level targeting with A/B testing feature
- Exit-intent technology that lets you trigger popups when users are about to leave your website
- Grow your email list, boost conversions, and sales
- Easy-to-use visual editor for designing popups and forms
- Advanced analytics with support for redirection.
OptinMonster offers annual billing only. Plans start from $9 per month ($108 per year). All plans come with a 14-days money-back guarantee to make it easier for you to try their platform risk-free.
Buffer for Social Media Management
You can't do affiliate marketing without social media platforms, can you? And when it comes to social media marketing, you need a scheduling tool like Buffer. It is one of the best social media management and scheduling tools suitable for small businesses.
Buffer makes it easy to plan, create, schedule, publish, and analyze social media posts. You can use its Chrome extension to add any post or image to the queue, use the Buffer app to schedule social media content, or use its design tool Pablo to create stunning social media posts free of cost.
The key Buffer features are:
- An easy-to-use social media management app
- Supports Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- You can manage multiple accounts easily
- Schedule, publish and analyze posts
- Create well-designed social media posts with Pablo
- Landing page builder.
You can use Buffer free of cost with basic features. Paid plans start from $6 per month per social channel. If you want to unlock all the fantastic features, switch to a premium plan.
Should you use all these affiliate marketing tools? Yes, because each tool discussed above is unique and does a different thing. If you want to become a successful affiliate marketer and boost organic traffic and sales, it is recommended to use all this affiliate software.
If you can't use all of these due to budget constraints, pick the ones you think are essential for your business. Your top priority should be a tool that aligns with your business and marketing strategy.